[vip_students] People Before Profit selects Vision impaired candidate Martin O’Sullivan to stand in Artane–Whitehall

  • From: "Martin O'Sullivan" <martin_osullivan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 08:56:59 +0100

People Before Profit selects Vision impaired candidate Martin O’Sullivan to
stand in Artane–Whitehall

Martin O’Sullivan, a 33 year old computer industry worker from Edenmore,
hopes to become the first vision-impaired Dublin City councillor in the
forthcoming local elections.

In 2005 he successfully campaigned with other vision-impaired people to
reverse Dublin City Council’s decision to turn off the sound signals at
pedestrian crossings in the city.

The following year he joined the 10-week picket at Butterly Business Park
and continues to support the Stardust Families’ campaign for justice.

At the local People Before Profit selection convention, Martin O’Sullivan
said: “I have decided to stand because I believe that we need a genuine
alternative to the failed policies of the main political parties. If
elected, I will use my position on the Council to oppose policies that
target working people, such as the proposed water charges.”
If you would like to help me with my campaign you can contact me
087 82 89 243
martin.osullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.peoplebeforeprofit.ie/martin

--
Martin O'Sullivan
People Before Profit Candidate  for the Artane White hall Constituency  for

Act your way into a feeling don’t feel your way into Action (Gandhi)
Be the change you want to see in the world. (Gandhi)
Tel: +353878289243
fax: +3538758289243
web: www.PeopleBeforeProfit.ie
E-mail martin_osullivan@xxxxxxxxxx