[vip_students] Re: Mobile Corner - Next Tip

Fair enough Stuart.  I have had mobile phones in the past and one can record
the telephone conversation.  There is no special software.  It is just a
matter of if the phone can do it.  I think N95 can.  Will wait and see if
Brian has an idea on that one.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Stuart Lawler" <stuart.lawler@xxxxxxx>
To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 10:00 AM
Subject: [vip_students] Re: Mobile Corner - Next Tip


> Hi Eleanor,
>
> To the best of my knowledge you can't record calls 'out of the box' on the
> N95, usually you have to purchase software which specifically allows you
to
> do this.  However, as I'm not an N95 user I'll leave it up to someone like
> Brian to confirm this.
>
> Stuart.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: vip_students-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:vip_students-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eleanor Burke
> Sent: 16 June 2008 09:56
> To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [vip_students] Re: Mobile Corner - Next Tip
>
> That is good Stuart.  Surely if it becomes a problem if Paul and yourself
> were agreeable and too many people were being frustrated then we could
> either specifically write up the subject mobile or have another list.  I
> think myself ensuring the subject title would be less confusing.  I am
well
> on the way now and have gone quiet on questions though I do have or two
> remaining.  Just for now my question relates to N95.  I want to know if I
am
> having a telephone conversation, say with yourself or someone and it is a
> very important conversation.  Then I might want to record the
conversation.
> How would I do that?  I know this is possible on some phones.
>
> I realize there are all the issues of legality when recording telephone
> conversations but I am thinking in terms of the person knowing that I am
> recording it and me having their permission to do so.
>
> Eleanor
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Stuart Lawler" <stuart.lawler@xxxxxxx>
> To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 7:49 AM
> Subject: [vip_students] Re: Mobile Corner - Next Tip
>
>
> > Hi Eleanor,
> >
> > Flor is correct, we won't' necessarily have a tip every week, but I'll
try
> > and do it regularly.
> >
> > To be honest the tips given will also depend on feedback and questions
> > asked.
> >
> > There are other mobile gurus on this list too so I'm sure we can get
them
> > involved as well.
> >
> > Stuart.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: vip_students-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > [mailto:vip_students-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eleanor Burke
> > Sent: 15 June 2008 22:46
> > To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [vip_students] Re: Mobile Corner - Next Tip
> >
> > That's an interesting one Stuart.  I did get it right then, there is a
tip
> > coming from you every week.  Flor did get me worried there.  I did learn
> to
> > my bank balance about what you say re mobile phones and being out of the
> > country.  However, sometimes it is a 'must' to keep the phone so that
one
> > can be contacted.  I did not realize that just for the phone ringing one
> got
> > charged.  What is the world coming to!
> >
> > I do appreciate however that you are giving us the technical knowledge
and
> > for that I am grateful.
> >
> > Eleanor
> > ----- Original Message ----- 
> > From: "Stuart Lawler" <stuart.lawler@xxxxxxx>
> > To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:26 PM
> > Subject: [vip_students] Mobile Corner - Next Tip
> >
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Well, it appears that mobile phones kept a few of you talking over the
> > last
> > > week and now it's time for another tip.  I suggest that if people have
> > > questions or need further help using the tip below that you can
contact
> me
> > > off list.
> > >
> > > If you're like me and you tend to travel a bit, you will no doubt be
> > > conscious of keeping your mobile calls to a minimum whilst out of the
> > > country.
> > >
> > > Even though the price to make and receive calls is decreasing it is
> still
> > > relatively expensive and is something that you should only do if
really
> > > necessary.
> > >
> > > The information in this tip will assist you to do just that.
> > >
> > > Note, simply not answering in-coming calls when you are abroad will
not
> > > reduce your phone bill, in fact, you are charged when abroad for the
> phone
> > > even ringing, something that many people don't know.  Vodafone and O2
> > advise
> > > the following when travelling.
> > >
> > > In order to minimise roaming charges you should set a divert to
> > > automatically route all calls directly to your voice mail box.  On
your
> > > return to Ireland you can check your voice messages and return the
calls
> > as
> > > necessary.  Before you activate this divert it's a good idea to record
a
> > > voice mail greeting, informing callers that you are out of the country
> > until
> > > such and such a date and will contact them on your return.
> > >
> > > When your voice mail box has been updated its time to set the divert.
> > > Please note that after you do this you will not receive any more calls
> so
> > I
> > > usually do it as I'm sitting on the plane, waiting for it to taxi to
the
> > > runway.
> > >
> > > With the phone on the main screen enter *#21#XXXXXXXXX# followed by
the
> > > 'send' key where XXXXXXXXXX is your full mobile phone number with an
> > > additional 5, to indicate your voice mail box.
> > >
> > > Now, let's explain that just a bit more.  If I was to set up the
divert,
> > and
> > > my mobile number is 0879926360, I would set the divert to go to
> > 08759926360,
> > > the extra 5 indicating my voice mail box number.
> > >
> > > So, to write out the entire process again, this time using my mobile
> > number.
> > > *#21#08759926360#, followed by the 'send' key, or, if you are reading
> this
> > > with punctuation turned off, that would be star hash 21 hash
08759926360
> > > hash, followed by the 'send' key.
> > >
> > > If you've done it properly, a message will come back saying 'Diverts
> > > Activated'.
> > >
> > > When you return, either fresh from  holiday or exhausted after a work
> > trip,
> > > simply press #21# or, for those with no punctuation, hash 21 hash and
> > press
> > > the 'send' key.
> > >
> > > The phone will respond with the message 'Diverts cancelled'.
> > >
> > > So, for this week, try out the divert option and tell me if it worked.
> > >
> > > That's all for now.
> > >
> > > Stuart.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ********************************************************************
> > >
> > > NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments
> > > is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended
> > > recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of
> > > the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify
> > > the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to
> > > delete it and any attachments from your system.
> > >
> > > NCBI endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated
> > > by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However,
> > > it cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are
> > > transmitted.  We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.
> > >
> > > Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email
> > > and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily
> > > represent the views of NCBI
> > >
> > >
> > > ********************************************************************
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ********************************************************************
> >
> > NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments
> > is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended
> > recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of
> > the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify
> > the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to
> > delete it and any attachments from your system.
> >
> > NCBI endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated
> > by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However,
> > it cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are
> > transmitted.  We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.
> >
> > Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email
> > and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily
> > represent the views of NCBI
> >
> >
> > ********************************************************************
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ********************************************************************
>
> NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments
> is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended
> recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of
> the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify
> the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to
> delete it and any attachments from your system.
>
> NCBI endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated
> by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However,
> it cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are
> transmitted.  We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.
>
> Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email
> and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent the views of NCBI
>
>
> ********************************************************************
>
>
>
>


Other related posts: