[vip_students] Internet Explorer shortcut keys!

  • From: "NCBI Technical Support" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:16:44 +0100

Hi All,

I know I posted these some time back but just in case some of the new
members didn't get them, here they are again.

Viewing and exploring Web pages
F1
Display the Internet Explorer Help, or when in a dialog box, display context
help on an item
F11
Toggle between Full Screen and regular view of the browser window
TAB
Move forward through the items on a Web page, the Address bar, and the Links
bar
SHIFT+TAB
Move back through the items on a Web page, the Address bar, and the Links
bar
ALT+HOME
Go to your Home page
ALT+RIGHT ARROW
Go to the next page
ALT+LEFT ARROW or
BACKSPACE
Go to the previous page
SHIFT+F10
Display a shortcut menu for a link
CTRL+TAB or
F6
Move forward between frames
SHIFT+CTRL+TAB
Move back between frames
UP ARROW
Scroll toward the beginning of a document
DOWN ARROW
Scroll toward the end of a document
PAGE UP
Scroll toward the beginning of a document in larger increments
PAGE DOWN
Scroll toward the end of a document in larger increments
HOME
Move to the beginning of a document
END
Move to the end of a document
CTRL+F
Find on this page
F5 or
CTRL+R
Refresh the current Web page only if the time stamp for the Web version and
your locally stored version are different
CTRL+F5
Refresh the current Web page, even if the time stamp for the Web version and
your locally stored version are the same
ESC
Stop downloading a page
CTRL+N
Open a new window
CTRL+W
Close the current window
CTRL+S
Save the current page
CTRL+P
Print the current page or active frame
ENTER
Activate a selected link
CTRL+E
Open Search in Explorer bar
CTRL+I
Open Favourites in Explorer bar
CTRL+H
Open History in Explorer bar
CTRL+click
In History or Favourites bars, open multiple folders
Using the Address bar
ALT+D
Select the text in the Address bar
F4
Display the Address bar history
CTRL+LEFT ARROW
When in the Address bar, move the cursor left to the next logical break (.
or /)
CTRL+RIGHT ARROW
When in the Address bar, move the cursor right to the next logical break (.
or /)
CTRL+ENTER
Add "www." to the beginning and ".com" to the end of the text typed in the
Address bar
UP ARROW
Move forward through the list of AutoComplete matches
DOWN ARROW
Move back through the list of AutoComplete matches
Working with favourites

CTRL+D
Add the current page to your favourites
CTRL+B
Open the Organize Favourites dialog box
ALT+UP ARROW
Move selected item up in the Favourites list in the Organize Favourites
dialog box
ALT+DOWN ARROW
Move selected item down in the Favourites list in the Organize Favourites
dialog box
Editing
CTRL+X
Remove the selected items and copy them to the Clipboard
CTRL+C
Copy the selected items to the Clipboard
CTRL+V
Insert the contents of the Clipboard at the selected location
CTRL+A
Select all items on the current Web page

It has removed 1162 spam emails to date.