[vip_committees] membership info

  • From: "Susan Frazier" <frazier.tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:38:16 -0400

Hello,  The chair person of the membership committee emailed us an attachment
with some ideas for chapters to use to attract new members.  I am going to copy
it and share it here.
Program ideas for young people:

-Employment panel: employed visually impaired persons

-Employment skills: focusing on resumes and interviews

-Computer technology tips: what students would ask

a. How to copy cds, dvds, etc.

b. How to use Excel or other Office programs

c. How to merge documents

-How to write formal papers

-Leadership training

-Inviting both blind and sighted students to an event

 -Transition to college

-Social events

a. Pizza party

b. Sports event or dvs movie

c. Dance instruction

Susan and Vanya

Seize the day!
Susan Frazier
frazier.tech@xxxxxxxxxxx
quellavan@xxxxxxxxx

 My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and
oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay