[vietnameseblindtechinfo] Fw: [blcompusers] Something new

  • From: "Vy Pham" <thaovyngu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vietnamese blind technology" <vietnameseblindtechinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:16:40 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Katherine Schulz" <katherineschulz6266@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:33 AM
Subject: [blcompusers] Something new

Market Wire (Press Release) Monday, November 07, 2005

Cepstral Voices Key to Universal Learning Device From Premier Assistive
Technology

JOLIET, IL and PITTSBURGH, PA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 11/07/2005 --

Premier Assistive Technology released a universal learning device based on
MP3 hardware. The device, called The Key to AccessT, is a breakthrough for
individuals with print-related disabilities. It allows them to carry a
2-inch device which can be plugged into any computer's USB port and provide
instant access to speech enabled "talking" software.

The product makes any computer or laptop accessible to any vision or
print-impaired person at a fraction of the price or complexity of outfitting
a dedicated machine. The idea will particularly benefit schools and
organizations that currently set aside specially equipped machines for
individuals with reading challenges. The Key to Access device will allow
special needs users to work alongside their peers or colleagues on any
machine. "It is a brilliant device that I take wherever I go. The Key to
Access truly represents universal design for learning," said customer Tricia
Dwyer-Kuntz from the Durham Catholic District School Board.

Under the terms of the agreement, Premier Assistive Technology will pre-load
Cepstral's Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine and voices onto each Key to AccessT
device giving it the ability to speak textual information aloud. "We are
pleased to work with Cepstral. The relationship is a natural fit; we are
focused on information accessibility and Cepstral specializes in
high-quality Text-to-Speech voices," says Premier Assistive Chairman and
Co-Founder Steve Timmer.

Cepstral's synthetic TTS voices provide the audio interface for 8 different
Premier software applications including Premier's Universal Reader Plus,
Talking Word Processor, Scan and Read Pro, Text to Audio, PDF Magic, EText
Reader, Ultimate Talking Dictionary and Talking Calculator.
"Premier has engineered a great set of products, making them effective and
easy-to-use anywhere. Cepstral is proud to provide high quality
Text-to-Speech voices for these ground-breaking innovations and devices,"
said Kevin Lenzo, President and CEO of Cepstral.

About Premier Assistive Technology

Premier Assistive Technology is a leading developer of innovative assistive
technology tools for everyone. Premier's comprehensive portfolio of software
is specifically engineered to help individuals with reading and writing and
their applications are well-suited for use in schools, at home and in
business. Visit their website at www.readingmadeeasy.com.

About Cepstral LLC

Cepstral is a speech technology company which provides speech technologies
and services for the spoken delivery of information. Cepstral builds high
quality, natural sounding voices for server, desktop, and hand-held
applications. Cepstral also provides professional services to customize and
tune voices. Cepstral: We Build VoicesT.

Contact:
Craig Campbell Cepstral, LLC
412/432-0400 Ext. 604 Email Contact http://www.cepstral.com/

SOURCE: Cepstral LLC