[vietnameseblindtechinfo] Fw: BlindNews: SoundBytes Releases 2006 Product Catalog,Delays Florida Store Opening Due to Hurricane Wilma

  • From: "Vy Pham" <thaovyngu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vietnamese blind technology" <vietnameseblindtechinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:22:11 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leon Gilbert" <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:24 PM
Subject: BlindNews: SoundBytes Releases 2006 Product Catalog,Delays Florida Store Opening Due to Hurricane Wilma

PR WEB
Wednesday, November 02, 2005

SoundBytes Releases 2006 Product Catalog, Delays Florida Store Opening Due to Hurricane Wilma

SoundBytes' annual publication is the most comprehensive to date. Hurricane Wilma forces store opening in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to be delayed indefinitely.

Jericho, NY (PRWEB) November 2, 2005 -- SoundBytes, a catalog, web and retail-based company that specializes in providing assistive equipment for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals and the agencies that serve them, today announced the official release of their 2006 product catalog. The 52-page catalog contains over 300 products specifically for individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing. In addition, there are some products for the visually impaired. This is the 10th and most comprehensive catalog published to date.

"We are excited about our new catalog and feel that our product line has been greatly expanded to better service our customers," said Michael Abramowitz, Managing Director of SoundBytes. "We felt that nearly doubling the amount of products we offered would better help us find the appropriate solutions to our consumers' needs."

The new catalog's layout has been simplified and consolidated to make finding products easier and more intuitive for the reader. Products include amplified telephones, TTYs, FM systems, household notification systems, hearing aid batteries, hearing aid maintenance equipment, books, software, and other assistive living and communication products. Manufacturers include Clarity, Ameriphone, Sonic Alert, Krown, ClearSounds, Silent Call, Williams Sound, Ultratec, Conversor, and many others. To request a print catalog or to download a .pdf version of the catalog, please visit

www.soundbytes.com/catalog.html.

SoundBytes, in the wake of Hurricane Wilma, has been forced to delay the opening of its store in the office of the League for the Hard of Hearing in Oakland Park, Florida, outside of Ft. Lauderdale. The League is one of the oldest and foremost not-for-profit services in the world for people with hearing loss. Originally scheduled to open November 1st, the store's opening date has remained undetermined. Although there was no structural damage and power has just been restored to the office of the League for the Hard of Hearing, the devastation in the area was too much to keep things on schedule. "Having been in the area during the storm and seeing it first hand, keeping our plans on schedule was an impossibility," said Mr. Abramowitz, "Once the League for the Hard of Hearing has resumed normal operations and we have our set-up complete, we will reschedule our opening."

As with the New York location, a portion of each sale will be donated to the League for the Hard of Hearing. The store's hours of operation will start out at two days a week, Tuesday and Thursday, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. These days coincide with the days that the League serves as a distribution center for the Florida Telecommunications Relay, Inc. (FTRI). The New York City store operates Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and on Monday and Friday by appointment. For more information on the SoundBytes' stores call 888-816-8191.

About SoundBytes

Soundbytes is a catalog, web and retail-based company specializing in providing assistive equipment for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals and the agencies that serve them. In addition, they assist businesses with ADA compliance. SoundBytes offers amplified telephones, TTYs, FM systems, household notification systems, hearing aid batteries, maintenance equipment, and other assistive living and communication products. SoundBytes is based in New York and is an affiliate company of Independent Living Aids, Inc. (www.independentliving.com), a company specializing in products for blind and low vision individuals.

About The League for the Hard of Hearing

The League for the Hard of Hearing's mission is to improve the quality of life for infants, children and adults with all degrees of hearing loss. The League provides hearing rehabilitation and human service programs for people who are hard of hearing or deaf, and their families, regardless of age, ability to pay, or mode of communication, and by striving to empower consumers to achieve their potential.

The League's services include Audiology, Communications, Hearing Aid & Assistive Technology Dispensary Center, Otology (New York only), Career Development and Job Placement, Tinnitus Center (New York only). In addition there are Mental Health and Social Services Departments that provide various support groups, lectures, and psychological services. The League, founded in 1910, provides an unparalleled commitment to helping all clients assure a world without limits. For more information on The League for the Hard of Hearing please call 917-305-7700 in New York or 954-731-7200 in Florida, or visit at www.lhh.org.

Contact:
Public Relations
SoundBytes
888-816-8191