[vicsireland] Latest update on the Kapten gps.

  • From: Sandy Tomkins <sandratomkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:50:08 +0100

Hi the list,

    For those interested in the Kapten by Kapsys that we were talking
about recently, it will be available from Amazon sometime very soon! I
have ordered mine from Widget.co.uk but they really only take orders
from businesses and only made an exception for me. Plus, they are
probably the more expensive option as they charged just shy of 30
pounds sterling to send it. So, if anyone is interested, I would wait
for Amazon. In the meanwhile, however, if you go to

www.kapsys.com

choose the “support” link (having first opted for the English version
unless you are good with the Francais) there is a section of
frequently asked questions which describes many of the workings of the
device and will give a reasonable impression of how to do things and,
in so doing, shows how there are many ways to operate the thing, some
using the lights for info, but others just using voice or the hardware
function keys. It also seems to work with mobile phones as a hands
free way of taking and placing calls, plus, using your contacts to
give you gps directions. However, I haven’yt looked into which phones
it will work with yet.

    Buying it from Widget, including vat and shipping, I paid 210
Sterling, the basic unit is only 160 or thereabouts, so I am sure
there is a cheaper way to do it.

    All the best,
    Sandy.