[vicsireland] Re: Labels

  • From: "Ulla Quayle" <Ulla.Quayle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:21:04 -0000

Hi Maureen

I know exactly what you mean.  I have had this problem before and it can
be a real nuisance.  What I sometimes do is to create my labels, put in
the names and addresses, do a select all with control A and then centre
all the text with control E.  It does work and it means you don't waste
time and labels playing around with margins.

If you need to decrease the font size, create your labels, insert the
names and addresses, do a select all with control A and then press
control D.  This takes you into the font dialogue.  The first option
will be where you can choose the type of font you want, ie Arial, Times
New Roman etc.  If you tab again you will come to the font style, ie
regular, bold etc and if you tab again you will come to the size box.
Either type in which font size you want, ie 12, 11, 10 etc or use the
arrow keys to go up and down the font sizes and press return to OK it.
Like in an ordinary Word document, it will change the font size
throughout the document provided you have done your select all.

If you do want to change the margins, you can do this by selecting all
the text, going to your format menu once your labels are created.  Arrow
down once and choose paragraph.  JAWS will say spacing and alignment
page.  Tab twice until JAWS says "Left" and there you can change the
left hand margin.  I had a look at the L7160 settings and the margin
seems to be set at 0.16 on the left. Try setting it to 0.18 to see if
this helps.  If that margin setting doesn't work you can play around
with the left and right margins in that spacing and alignment page.

These are just a couple of suggestions and maybe someone else can come
up with a better solution for you.  Hopefully I haven't made the
situation more confusing!

Good luck with this one and take care.

Ulla