[vicsireland] FW: [SPAM]Hadley eConnect, July 26, 2013

  • From: "Gerry Ellis" <gerry.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:08:39 +0100

Hi,

One or both of these online seminars may be of interest to you.

Our time is currently one hour ahead of GMT, so the August 7th seminar will be
at 4PM Irish time and the August 14th seminar will be at 8 PM Irish time.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis

If you don’t know where you’re going,

How will you know when you get there?

Sent: 26 July 2013 16:22
To: gerry.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SPAM]Hadley eConnect, July 26, 2013

This newsletter is best viewed in HTML format.

 header image: eConnect from The Hadley School for the Blind
<https://app.icontact.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/225701/5bac1753310911aeddbece84964bf376/image/jpeg>

In this issue...

Reminder: Seminars@Hadley Presents: Kitchen and Food Safety First!

Next Seminars@Hadley Presents: iFocus 3: Tips on Using the Vision Accessibility
Features in iOS <>

Seminars@Hadley Presents: Kitchen and Food Safety First!

Date: Wednedsay, August 7, 2013

Time: 10:00 AM CDT, 15:00 GMT

From tots to "pops" and for everyone in between, following good kitchen and
food safety practices will help lead you to cooking and entertaining success.

True or false? Foods are best defrosted on the counter. The highest safe
temperature for your refrigerator is 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius).
Butter is the best thing for burns.

Join Seminars@Hadley as Hadley instructors Patti Jacobson and Linn Sorge answer
these questions and many more. We’ll discuss best practices in basic kitchen
and food safety, adding our "low and no vision-friendly" tips along the way.

And, to add a bit of summer fun, we’ll do a salad recipe exchange! Submit your
favorite summer salad recipe to feedback@xxxxxxxxxx in advance and we’ll add it
to the seminar’s Resource List posted on the Past Seminars page. (If it isn’t
your own recipe, be sure and note the original source!)

Hadley Senior Vice President Dawn Turco will co-present and moderate this
60-minute seminar. A question and answer period will be included.

Space in this seminar is limited. Please only register if you know you are
available to attend so that others are not closed out. Register for the Kitchen
and Food Safety First! seminar on August 7.
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FSeminarDetails.asp%3Fsid%3D195>

Date: Wednedsay, August 14, 2013

Time: 2:00 PM CDT, 19:00 GMT

Attention all blind and low vision iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch owners!
Seminars@Hadley is presenting the third of its new quarterly series of seminars
designed for you. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, this seminar
series will fit your needs.

Join Seminars@Hadley as Hadley instructors and iDevice trainers Douglas Walker
and Amy Salmon offer tips and training on:

*       Beginning gestures in Voiceover
*       Sending a text message
*       Placing and receiving phone calls
*       Composing an email

Larry Muffett, a member of Hadley’s Seminars team, will moderate this 60-minute
seminar. A question and answer session will be included as part of the seminar.

Space in this seminar is limited. Please only register if you know you are
available to attend so that others are not closed out. Register for the iFocus
3 seminar on August 14.
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FSeminarDetails.asp%3Fsid%3D196>

Mark Your Calendars! Complete list of tentatively scheduled future seminars
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FSeminarUpcomings.asp>

Subscribe to Seminars@Hadley Podcasts!  Learn more and subscribe to
Seminars@Hadley Podcasts.
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FPodcasts.asp>

Did you receive this email as a forward? Sign up to receive eConnect
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FeNewsletter.asp>
 .

Follow us on:

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fthehadleyschoolfortheblind>
 facebook logo
Facebook

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fthehadleyschool>
 twitter logo
Twitter

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2FAboutHadley.asp>
 About Hadley
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2Fenroll>
 Enroll Now
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18996725&msgid=665279&act=T1J0&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2Fdonate.asp>
 Donate Online

 footer image: 'Lifelong Learning since 1920' The Hadley School for the Blind,
700 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL 60093, 800-323-4238, www.hadley.edu
<https://app.icontact.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/225701/a5a549c6f1a4b8a3f39e15b5ad507844/image/jpeg>