[vicsireland] FW: [IrelandVIPNews] NCBI Technology Podcast for July 2013

  • From: "Tim Culhane" <tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:46:47 +0100

Hi,

Just forwarding the below.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: irelandvipnews-bounces@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:irelandvipnews-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stuart Lawler
Sent: 12 July 2013 22:35
To: 'List for discussing news and issues relating to the visually impaired
in Ireland'
Subject: [IrelandVIPNews] NCBI Technology Podcast for July 2013

Dear All,

The July edition of our monthly Technology Podcast is now available, and you
can find the audio and show notes by going to
http://www.ncbi.ie/technology-podcast-episode-14-july-2013 and subscribe
directly to the RSS feed by going to
http://www.ncbi.ie/technologypodcast.xml

On this month's edition:
We spend some time with students participating on the 'Learning For Life'
rehabilitative training programme at NCBI, who tell us about some of their
favourite technology.
 Amongst those mentioned are Balabolka, a useful little windows application
to allow you to easily convert text documents into a range of audio formats,
and Fleksy, to make typing on your iPhone, iPod or iPad much faster!
We continue our Windows 8 tutorial series, this time looking at some of the
configuration settings in Narrator, the built-in screen reader and also take
a look at Windows 8 charms, and how they can be used.
We meet Surabhi Gupta, a developer from San Francisco, who has recently
launched an app called Braillist, which allows entry of Grade 1 and Grade 2
Braille using your iOS device's touch screen, and best of all, this app is
completely free!
Finally, musician Nicky Kealy from Carlow joins us to talk about his use of
technology.

Kind regards,

Stuart Lawler

NCBI

Follow us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ncbiworkingforpeoplewithsightloss
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ncbi_sightloss

Check-out NCBI's Micheal O Muircheartaigh appeal on the following link.
http://youtu.be/25P2tiuCi0U

computer.  It is the policy of NCBI Group and all of its subsidiary
companies to disallow the sending of offensive material.
Should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive
you should contact the sender immediately and also webmaster@xxxxxxx.