[vicsireland] ANEC and EDF call for Horizontal e-Accessibility Legislation

  • From: "Gerry Ellis" <gerry.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:32:19 -0000

Hi,

ANEC are the user's voice in the development of standards at a European level. The EDF is the European Disability Forum and represents the needs of people with disabilities at a European level, particularly addressing the European Commission and other EU and EC institutions.

The following is from another list of which I am a member:

ANEC and EDF have issed a joint position paper that urges the European Institutions and Member States to carefully consider the unacceptable low level of accessibility of mainstream ICT products and services in Europe which they believe calls for horizontal e-Accessibility legislation at European level.

http://www.anec.eu/attachments/ANEC-DFA-2007-G-057final.doc

Take care,

Gerry Ellis
t/a Feel The BenefIT

Tel   +353-(0)1 282-7791
Mob   +353-(0)85 716-8665
Email gerry.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you don't know where you're going,
How will you know when you get there?

It has removed 15205 spam emails to date.