[vicsireland] A Skype conference call introducing the Kapten?

  • From: Sandy Tomkins <sandratomkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:49:50 +0000

Hallo the Vics list,

    I hope this is OK with you all, I sent the below message to the
Guide Dogs list and thought that here was really the right place to
send it, after the fact. In order to save myself the time of rewriting
it, I have just added the original here below.

    Thanks, Sandy.

Happy trekking to all you smart urbanites!

    I was just taking a trawl through the net, looking for other
people’s reviews on the Kapten and discovered that they have just
signed a deal with the US Independent Living Aids people. So, not only
has it come out in America, it has also got the ceal (hope that is the
right sort of ceal and isn’t ballencing a ball on the end of its
nose!) of approval from a pretty prestigious and fussy provider of
useful equipment for VIPs.

    As people have seen here, Cobalt have done likewise, so, perhaps,
those who were put off by the review posted by the representatives of
the Sendero Group, will take another look!

    Now, as, unfortunately, the Vics Day has had to be postponed, at
which I was going to give a little presentation of the Kapten, might I
propose a little Skype conference on the Kapten? I don’t know how you
go about setting up such a thing, but it might be worth a try and I
could see if, by putting the earpiece of the Kapten to the mike of my
PC headset, the Kapten’s voice could be transmitted to give some sort
of sense of how the thing works?

    Any takers? Anyone know how to go about this? I hope I won’t get
in trouble now, because, Nicky and Darragh, I am about to give my
Skype name, but  do notice that people often include their Skype name
at the bottom of their email messages, so imagine it isn’t too private
a thing to do?

sandradawn

There it is so, for anyone who wants to get this off the ground, just
give me a call!

    Sandy and the Kapten!