[vibugannounce] FW: Spread the Word - OrCam is launching!

  • From: "Jerry Berrier" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vibugannounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 05:08:01 -0400

From: susan eppling [mailto:seppling@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 3:15 AM
Hello,
My name is Suzy Eppling and I am an occupational therapist specializing in
services for the blind and visually impaired. I am also a trainer for OrCam
Technologies, which is launching a cool new device on June 7th. OrCam can
assist people with visual impairments by reading text, recognizing products
such as canned goods, and performing facial recognition. I want to let the
blind and visually impaired community know that the price will jump from
$2,500 to $3,500 on June 5th. Please let your members know of this price
change so that they don't have to pay the extra $. If they call or email me
I can lock in the price for them. They will receive a beta form of the
software and be asked for their opinion on features to enhance the launch
version. They will receive
updated software for free for a year and will have a 30 day no risk return
policy. More details and video at <http://www.orcam.com/> www.orcam.com

Here is the schedule of upcoming OrCam demos in MA:

1. The Carroll Center's Technology Fair in Chicopee on Saturday, May 30th.
2. The Easter Seals Technology Fair in Boston on Tuesday, June 9th.
3. The Senior Connection in Randolph on Wednesday, June 10th.
4. VIBUG at MIT on Saturday, June 13th.
5. The Lowell Association for the Blind on Thursday, June 25th.
6. The Natick Low Vision Group on Friday, July 24.
7. The Concord Low Vision Group on Wednesday, August 26th.
8. NE/AER Fall Conference on Cape Cod on Nov 4-6.
9. North Borough Low Vision Group on Thursday, November 12th.

I am also happy to provide demos for groups of 8 or more.

Hope you are enjoying this wonderful springtime!

Take care and many thanks for your assistance spreading the word. I can
lock in the current price via an email to <mailto:seppling@xxxxxxxxx>
seppling@xxxxxxxxx or a call to
<tel:781-248-6735> 781-248-6735

Suzy Eppling, MS, OTR/L