(VICT) alerting?

  • From: "Jo Clayson" <joclayson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 07:47:12 -0400

I'm  not very focused this morning on what I'm going to do today.  Last
evening was a barn dance up the road. I was planning on attending and about
the time I should have been getting ready and leaving, Kita started acting
weird..wanting to go out, then not going, tugging on her leash, chewing her
leash, pawing at me, not willing to play with toys, on and off the bed,
wouldn't lay down.  Finally I thought that even though I felt okay at the
time maybe she was trying to alert me to a pending seizure. I decided to
stay home.  I got ready for bed and after I climbed in, I read for a while.
Sometimes waves of stuff would pass through my brain. Because I was already
still and not trying to do much of anything, they were fairly easy to
manage, and I had no problems,  Had I been trying to walk a mile up the hill
in the dusk, or dance, it might have been quite different.   I think she was
aware and trying to alert me. I hope we can evolve a more clearly defined
signal.

My son from California was here for a very brief visit in conjunction with a
business trip.  Kita went with us to some of his meetings, to restaurants,
and around on some properties he wanted to see, and was very well behaved
and helped me a bit as needed.   Her restaurant behavior is 100% what I
want. Now to get the cat sightings down to a manageable level.

Jo