(VICT) Block vs. Back-up, was: Re: Pulling or not pulling

  • From: care4k9@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 05:40:16 +0000

     Ann,

        You certainly gave a lot of information in your past few messages! I
also thank Karyn for your input too. Wow guys!

       I wanted to go to Target tonight and took a new bus route. Not knowing
the route very well or where to go, it was an adventure! Most public
transportation is as you know. But I can tell Mickey's leg feels much better
because he was really pulling in the harness. I also wrapped his leash on the
handle to extend it a bit and yep, I need a longer handle, it just seems when
Mickey pulls, there should be a little more space as i feel crowded with him.
So I will have to send off an e-mail to Jlie. I feel more when I"m further
back, but too far back I noticed Mickey wobbles and sways back and forth to the
right and left. So I can't have too long, and I think two inches will do. I'm
wondering if I should be conservative and do 1 1/2 inch longer. But I will play
around with the leash as an extendor to get a better feel.

          The thumb next to the index is working well and YES! I like the front
paws on the curb WAY better and it is So much easier to click. So what I have
been doing is when his paws hit the curb, I click. He stops and looks at me for
the treat. I'm like PERFECT as this is causing a delayed reaction and soon he
will conditionally stop with the front paws on the curb. I think his is really
going to work. I'm getting giddy about this. Here Mickey's leg is better, he's
pulling more and we are really focusing better on curbs.

           I'm going to reread your posts again and keep reminding myself of
things we need to work.

           Thanks for all your input! It is shedding a great understanding on
the concepts now.

Christy

--
Christy Hill