[vi-android] Two extremely important questions about an abusive hangouter

  • From: "Christopher gilland" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:40:33 -0500

Folks, this's gotta stop, like, now! and now means yesterday! There is someone who somehow, don't ask me how, got my contact info, and when I find out who gave it to them, I'm gonna be wringing that person's kneck! Anyway, this person who somehow got my contact details is someone I don't know, never have heard of a day in my life, and she's writing me constantly even at odd hours of the morning. The other morning she called me, and not knowing who it was, I answered her video call only to find, she's sittint, from what she said, in front of her device, totally newd! Then she started making incredibly obscene gestures and comments to me, which under absolutely no circumstances am I gonna repeat on list! We'll just say that they were beyond absolutely despicable! No need I hope for me to say, that I was terribly! terribly! offended by her comments. I've managed to go on google and figure out how to mute her messages, as well as how to block her, but is there a way I can prevent this shit from happenning again in the future? Pardon my language. Like, I guess more what I'm asking is: is there a way to set my privacy settings in Hangouts in such that unless people are in my contacts, they cannot send me messages? Or a way that before someone can send me a message, they have to send me a request which I can either approve or deny? If not, this is gonna make me absolutely irate! That could be enough to make me not use Hangouts. Granted, I'd have to figure out how to uninstall it being that it came as a system app on my device, and without rooting, I can't get rid of it.

I suspect there's gotta be a way. I guess, in the meantime, I'll go have a look at Hangout's settings, but if anyone can please tell me if there is a way to shut this off, I'll be incredibly greatful! I absolutely swear! by this app, so, it would sadden me greatly if I had to stop using it due to me not being able to set something this crutial.

Chris.