[vi-android] Is there an accessible way to boost my speaker volume?

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgwaxhawlover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 15:02:55 -0400

First of all, a few things.  I'm perfectly aware that I would be doing this at
my own risk, and that no one on this list will be held lyable if I break
something in the process.  I also understand that most likely, I'd have to be
rooted for this to work.  I have CM 11, so I don't think it would be an issue,
and yes, I definitely am rooted.  OK, now on to my question.

So, basically, here's the deal.  The main reason I'm looking at getting the
Kindle Fire HDX or, God forbid, the fact I tried a B&N Nook, don't get me
started again...  any, way, is because though I have an IPad, and though I
absolutely swear by it, it's bulky as all get out!  I have the IPad 4 AT&T
cellular 16GB white unit.  So this thing's like, what, a 9 and a half inch
screen?  Need not I say, it's a heavy little booger!  So, this is why back last
what would that a been... November I think?  I got the Nexus 7 2013 7 inch tab.
 Let's not get me wrong here.  It's a gr'r'r'r'r'rate! and I do mean
gr'r'r'r'rate! unit!  I have nothing but good things to say about it.  Oh man!
It's fabulous!  It took some sighted help, yeah, but, getting Cyanogenmod on
it, was probably one of the easiest things with help I've done!  Simply put,
beautiful!  There is only one? thing, that I gotta say on the negative side,
which takes me to why I am asking this question on the list...

The internal speakers in the thing are horrible!  Ab, suh, lootly? horrible!
Good freaking luck! if you're in a noisy environment.  I've heard some bad
speakers on tablets before, don't get me wrong, but these beat any I've heard!
Oh! Gawod their aweful!  OK, maybe I'm just spoiled by my moto exes speaker,
but, anyway...

So, as I said, I have CM 11.  What I'm trying to do is, I'd like to find an app
which would be Talkback friendly where I could basically uncap that volume
control a ways, and push it to where the volume would get louder than natively
what it can do.  I understand I run the risk of overpowerring the speaker
hardware doing this, and it could therefore bust the speaker.  I also
understand that it could bring distortion along with turning it up that high.
So yeah, long story short, I am! aware of the risks and the possible
rounifications.  It's a risk I'm willing to take.  And before you all tell me
anything, don't worry, I am releasing all lyability from anyone who helps me
with this.  I know completely that I do this soly at my own? risk.  That said,
again, I have DSP manager, which supposedly can do this to some degree.  The
issue is, the part of the app that I think you have to go into to do it isn't
accesible in the least.  Absolutely nothing! on that screen reads, regardless
what you do.

This is why I wondered if there may be another sollution for getting those
internal speakers uncapped seeing that I am definitely rooted.

Thanks guys.

Chris.