[vi-android] Galaxy note 2 updated to 4.3

  • From: Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 08:05:34 +1100

Hi everyone, just a quick post to say my note 2 updated to android 4.3 last night.

Aside from things like finally having the magnifier, the main changes I've found so far have been cosmetic, particularly a completely redesigned settings screen with things grouped into tabs now.

What I did want to share was my excitement that you can still use an app to modify the system font size above the 130% (supposedly "huge" ) that android gives you.

This was a feature claimed to be removed from Android from 4.2. Indeed neither of my nexus devices (galaxy nexus on 4.3 and nexus 10 on 4.4) will work with these apps anymore so it must be something Samsung have kept for their Touxhwiz interface.

I have tried setting the font back to normal and I can still enlarge it, the only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling the app and reinstalling but I'm glad it still works.

I did a blog post on apps that enlarge the font size here : http://qchristensen.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/android-font-enlargement-apps/

Regards

Quentin

Sent with AquaMail for Android