[vi-android] Re: ETI Eloquence

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 11:05:36 +1000

Also to add to what Aaron said, you can have more than one voice
installed, really only limited to your device's storage space.

The trick actaully with setting up voices is that it's done in a
seperate part of the phone's settings to turning on Talkback.

If you go into Settings, then (My device on Samsung phones) then
Language and Input and scroll down to "Text to Speech options", there
is a list of each of the TTS engine's you have installed - for
instance ETI Eloquence, Google Text to Speech, Ivona text to speech
etc.  If you go into each of those you can set the individual voices
for that engine (eg in Google you can set the UK English Female or
Male, low or high quality, or US English female).

Whichever voice you have set as the current default is the one which
will be used by Talkback.

Regards

Quentin.