[vi-android] Re: Camera app which works with Talkback?

  • From: Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya <ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 23:39:24 +0100

Hey Jim and everyone else,

Just wondering! Is the fully-labelled camera app Jim described a
feature of android 4.3 or just peculiar to Galaxy Note 3?

Thank you.

On 5/18/14, Jim Pipczak <Jim.Pipczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Q,
>
> I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.3 and the default camera
> works very well with Talkback. All the buttons are labelled and any
> explination prompts that come up can also be read out by touching them.
>
> When Talkback is running the camera app will say "face has been detected".
> You can also turn on the camera's voice control and say "smile or shoot",
> rather than pressing the button and taking the chance of shaking the camera
> a little and taking a blurry image.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Thanks,
> Jim.

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya

Communications Professional, Broadcast journalist and Accessible Technology
Enthusiast/Trainer

M.A candidate
Department of Communication and Language Arts
University of Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria

MOBILE: +234-802-944-9441; +234-809-964-9514

e-Mail: ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx

SKYPE: ayoola.stephen.efunkoya

Check out my profile and connect with me:

 Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on LinkedIn <http://ng.linkedin.com/in/ayokoya>

AyoKoya on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ayokoya>

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on Facebook <http://facebook.com/ayokoya>