[vi-android] Re: Braille Plus 18

  • From: "norman's list account" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "norman.list@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 20:35:32 -0400

Hi.
I looked at this device almost 18 months ago and actually contacted the manufacturer about it. The Unfortunately the device was already outdated software and hardware wise.
Never seriously considered it after that for that reason.
If you need a notetaker go with a deticated device and os like the braille note.
This was a great idea but requires some serious updates.

Norman.
This is my list account.
If you need to contact me pleas email norbking@xxxxxxxxx
Or call or text 717-516-1135

Norman.

This is my list account.
To reach me Please email: Norbking@xxxxxxxxx
Or call or text: 717-516-1135

On 5/29/2014 12:08 PM, David Arocho wrote:
Hello.  I am very new to the list.  I obtained a Braille Plus 18 which is an
Android based note taker, book reader, browser, email client, and, with a
SIMS card, a cell phone.  so far I am very disappointed with its
functionality.  The browser is practically useless.  It is awkward to use as
a phone because of its size and weight.  Moreover, it lacks the
functionality of the touch screen and the gestures used with other such
devices with either IOS or android phones.  An update to Android 4 has been
promised for more than eight months now.

I would like to hear from anyone else who uses the device.  Some people tell
me that the shortcomings are endemic to Android, but I see other Android
devices who can do much more than I can with the BP 18.
David