[Vancouver GIS UG] VGISUG Fw: [gislist] Text book donor inquiry

  • From: doug.hrynyk@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: vangisug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:24:30 -0700

Good afternoon everyone,

Summer is almost over and our new season begins Wednesday 15 September.
Our first speaker should be confirmed soon.  Look for an announcement.

Today, I am forwarding a request  from the Rick Gray with the University of
Guelph for text books and possibly a used plotter for a GIS teaching lab in
Sunyani, Ghana.  That's in West Africa for you non-geographers.

Please help out if you can.

Regards,

Doug Hrynyk

Vancouver GIS Users Group

  From:       "RICK GRAY" <RGRAY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  To:         "GISlist" <gislist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date:       25/08/2010 01:05 PM

  Subject:    [gislist] Text book donor inquiry

  Sent by:    gislist-bounces+doug.hrynyk=pc.gc.ca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I made queries on this list previously about the project I have been
volunteering with to establish a GIS teaching lab in the Faculty of
Forestry Resources - a small campus in Sunyani in Ghana, West Africa. We
now have the lab in place and have developed some course materials but we
are in desperate need of text books. Since the course materials were built
around the text Getting to Know ArcGIS (9.3), I was wondering if anyone on
this list might know how I could attract a sponsor who would donate about
15 or so copies of the text to the college. I have tried to contact my
local ESRI sales rep here in Ontario, but he has never responded.

In the same vein, I would like to find a donor for a reasonable used
plotter (36" would probably be sufficient) for the lab. We may be able to
provide a tax receipt (Canadian) for the donation - I've started the
inquiry process for that, too, but haven't had it confirmed in writing yet.

Thanks ever so much,
Rick Gray