[va_lcg_act] Fw: Vision Australia Library Services Information

  • From: <randjjames1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va_lcg_act@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 15:59:44 +1100

Hi VA LCG members,

At our last meeting we discussed the 3G DAISY Player and it was demonstrated by
Kate Sherlock. At the meeting Sharon reported that clients of VAILS will be
charged for the players, and Kate has sent us further information which I am
forwarding in case this is news to some.
Also of interest to clients is the news that the Client Representative Council
and the Regional Client Commitees are to be dismantled. I am wwaiting for a
meeting of RCC 3 which will be held soon to ask questions and say what I think
of Vision Australia’s new client engagement structure. The LCGs will continue.
As I foreshadowed I intend to step down as convener of the Canberra LCG at its
next meeting. This will be an AGM to be held early next year.
I was saddened to learn this week that Anne Meno the Co-ordinater of Volunteers
has reseigned. She has done a fine job and has been a pleasure to work with.
With best wishes,
Bob
P.S: Do not reply to the group unless your mail has a general interest to all.
My email is randjjames1@xxxxxxxxx