[va-richmond-general] purple martin roost in Richmond Va.

  • From: fitzgerald3herb@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:17:57 EST

Dear Subscribers,
      This email is being sent to let you know  that on January 3
Sheila.Hill-Christian Chief Administrative Officer for the  City of Richmond
wrote John
Tautin Executive Director of the Purple Martin  Conservation Association to
inform him she appreciates our concerns and  will keep our thoughts in mind in
making a decision about what to do with the  Bradford Pear trees on 17th street
that are being used as a premigratory roost  site by Purple Martins. She says
in the letter "the City has not made a  determination on the removal of the
Bradford Pear trees located at the 17th  Street Farmers Market".
     As a result of her making this statement we feel  it is necessary to
continue putting pressure on city officials by writing or  calling to express
your support for protecting this roost site. Letters should  encourage the city
to make the roost site a positive attraction for visitors.  Address letters to
                                                         Sheila
Hill-Christian
                                                         Chief
Administrative Officer