[va-richmond-general] bluebird box on a picnic table

  • From: "Elizabeth Lowe" <elowe@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:10:43 -0400

I had a call today from my daughter who had left a bluebird box on a picnic table in the yard prior to putting it up. To her delight, surprise, and consternation, there is a pair nesting in it. She and her husband don't want to disturb the pir who seem busy nest building but would like to secure the box so it doesn't inadvertantly get knocked over by the children, dogs, or whatever. Any ideas? (I suggested placing bricks around it, but one side is on the edge so it will have to moved a bit even for that.). Thanks for any suggestions. Elizabeth Lowe