[va-richmond-general] Yard birds, Stony Point area

  • From: Lewis Barnett <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:00:26 -0400

I hope everyone had a chance to get outside today - Fall has finally arrived. I had a nice morning out in my yard, with four warbler species, Redstart, Parula, Magnolia and Pine, along with all the normal suspects. Except for the Magnolia, the warblers breed around here, but I haven't seen any (except Pine, a couple of times) since Spring. Had an invasion of about 200 Common Grackles this afternoon, another sign of the season.

--
Lewis Barnett -- Chair, Dept. of Math & CS, U. of Richmond, VA 23173
              -- lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx | lbarnett@xxxxxxx