[va-richmond-general] Yard Bird #123 Prothonotary Warbler

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:42:56 +0000 (UTC)

HUGE surprise about 11:45 today when I heard a Prothonotary warbler out an upstairs window in our house as I was putting away laundry. Thinking it was a ringtone from my phone I just kept working. The weet-weet-weet persisted. I opened the screen and pished this handsome male almost into the jouse. The bird flew around the Lagustra then over the house. I didn't know what to grab first so took the camera and Prothonotary caller. He was very cooperative and perched on the clothesline, the Autumn Olive and then flitted in the oaks. I was too excited to get a decent photo but here is a Big-footesque photographic encounter :-) Very exciting.

Other yard birds today:

Black-throated Green

Northern Parula

Blue-grey Gnatcatcher