[va-richmond-general] Vulcan Royal Stone Quarry Annual Tour this Saturday

  • From: Margaret Ebbs <mebbs525@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 21:39:06 -0400

Field Trip this Saturday!
Join Sue Dudley at Vulcan this Saturday, May 15 at 8:30 a.m. as she leads
us through a tour of this working quarry which is also an award-winning
Certified Wildlife Habitat. We will examine the geology and wildlife, and
learn out about the efforts made by the team at Vulcan to maintain their
environment & coexist in harmony with it.
I have been on this trip a few times and they always roll out the red
carpet for us on our visits to the quarry! They feed us well, have great
bird-related games to play and other surprises. Sue and her group put in
a lot of work and effort to make sure that we feel incredibly welcome.
Meet at the scale house, rain or shine. Open to all-RAS and non-RAS
members. This is a great trip for beginners, kids and seniors as well as
experienced birders. Easy walking (mostly on pavement). FREE. No limit on
participants but we need a head-count as soon as possible to help them
prepare.   Let's see if we can add a few new birds to their site list!
Contact: email Margaret Ebbs at mebbs525@xxxxxxxx or call 804-338-5416
Directions from Richmond: Take I64 W to Short Pump Exit 178. Turn onto W
BROAD (heading to Charlottesville NOT RICHMOND!). Turn Right on POUNCEY
TRACT RD. Turn L on VA-271 N. Turn L on QUARRY HILL LN. QUARRY HILL LN
becomes QUARRY HILL RD.
Location: 4060 Quarry Hill Lane, Rockville, VA.
SEE: MAPQUEST - MAP
Penny Stock Soaring 3000%
Sign up for Free to find out what the next 3000% Stock Winner Is!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4be8b57d376cb5647fm06duc