[va-richmond-general] Vulcan Quarry Saturday Sept 8-Final Reminder

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:10:47 +0000

Hope you will join us on our 3rd annual trip to Vulcan Quarry in Goochland as
we join Sue Dudley and other "vulcans" as we bird in a most unusual habitat and
learn about the successful co-existence of Industry and Nature. Vulcan Quarry
is a Certified Wildlife Habitat with an impressive bird/mammal and reptile list
and has worked tirelessly and creatively to provide habitat for birds, reptiles
and mammals.

Where: Vulcan Quarry Goochland 3 miles North of Broad on Pouncey Tract Road

When: Saturday September 8 @ 8am till noon'ish. Rain or shine.

Meet: At the Scale House as you enter-you can't miss it and much parking is
available

Who: Open to all-RAS and non-RAS members. Good trip for kids and Seniors. Easy
walking.

FREE!

Why: A great time to go to a new place, meet some new birders and see what
Vulcan is doing to help the environment  and hopefully add some new species to
their bird list.

What to bring: Wear sensible walking shoes for hard pavement, binoculars,
camera, and be prepared for weather changes.

Contact: Julie Kacmarcik OFF the list serve at juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx or call
after 9pm at 530.3660 to sign up and for any questions

No limit on participants but I would like a head-count to provide to Sue as
they always feed us well and provide many other surprises.

Come on out-you can mow the lawn when you get home in the afternoon.

JulieK
Field Trips-RAS