[va-richmond-general] Second Wednesday Walk

  • From: John Coe <johnwcoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS Listserv <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:12:14 -0700 (PDT)

We had a very nice 2nd Wed. field trip at Deep Bottom Park in Henrico Co.
yesterday.  We observed (or heard) 45 species.  Highlights: Bald Eagle,at least
11 sightings;Prothonotary Warbler,very beautiful fiesty male, heard more then
one Common Yellowthroat; several Blue-grey Gnatcatchers: lots of Wood Duck
pairs; Osprey; Cooper's Hawk:American Kestrel; Several Greater Yellowlegs;
several Caspian Terns; Tree,N. Rough-winged, and Barn Swallows; and heard a
White-eyed Vireo.......

  John Coe