[va-richmond-general] Powhatan Spring Migration Banding 17 April 2011

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Virginia Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 00:54:50 +0000 (UTC)

Beautiful day to drop the nets just before sunrise in Powhatan this morning.
The number of birds banded did not reflect all that were seen and heard. This
was our second time out this spring. We counted 50 species on the seen/ heard
list-highlights being:

Cooper's Hawk

Common Yellowth roat

Ovenbird

Northern Parula

Prairie Warbler

Myrtle Warbler

Yellow-throated Vireo

White-eyed Vireo

Red-eyed Vireo

Swamp Sparrow

Great-crested Flycatcher

Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher

Bald Eagle

Northern Harrier

Yellow Warbler

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

Alas, all that we netted were:

Carolina Chickadee- recap from April 26 2010-same net

White-eyed Vireo -recap from exactly one year ago within 40 feet of original
capture

Swamp Sparrow

Field Sparrow

White-throated Sparrow