[va-richmond-general] Nice yard birds in Meadowbrook

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audubon listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 13:45:59 -0400

Hi,

This weekend we have had some really nice birds in out yard here in Meadowbrook
Estates, on Falling Creek in northern Chesterfield County. Saturday evening we
had a beautiful male Baltimore Oriole in the tops of the tulip poplars, visible
from our deck. In a tall pine next to the house we had good looks at a male
Yellow-throated Vireo, which we think is a new yard bird for us. Several
Northern Parulas were calling and visible in the red oak and other trees, and a
pair of noisy Gray Catbirds were singing away. Today we had a visit from a male
Rose-breasted Grosbeak to our sunflower seed feeder. Some of the above were
around as well. We're very thankful that spring is here!

Al & Linda Warfield