[va-richmond-general] James River Park - Wetlands 9/16

  • From: "Barnett, Lewis" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 15:24:44 +0000

I got to spend a couple of hours this morning, most of it with Ellison Orcutt,
at the Wetlands. It was definitely birdier than 42nd Street was yesterday. It
was overcast, so viewing conditions weren't optimal, but we still has some good
birds. As far as warblers, we found one Ovenbird back on the boardwalk, a
couple of Northern Parulas in the trees on the south side of the meadow, and
around the pond we had Redstart, Prairie, and Black-and-White. There may also
have been a Magnolia in that flock, but we were never able to get a clear look
at it. The other migrant spotted was a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. The
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher that has been seen several times in the past few days
was not relocated this morning. Complete list is below.

Good birding!

Lewis Barnett
lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx

James River Park--The Wetlands, Richmond City, US-VA
Sep 16, 2012 7:10 AM - 9:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
32 species

Rock Pigeon  8
Mourning Dove  1
Chimney Swift  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Downy Woodpecker  3
Northern Flicker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Acadian Flycatcher  1
Great Crested Flycatcher  1
White-eyed Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  2
Blue Jay  3
American Crow  15
Carolina Chickadee  10
Tufted Titmouse  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
House Wren  1
Carolina Wren  5
Eastern Bluebird  1
American Robin  25
Gray Catbird  1
Cedar Waxwing  20
Ovenbird  1
Black-and-white Warbler  4
Common Yellowthroat  2
American Redstart  4
Northern Parula  1
Prairie Warbler  1
Northern Cardinal  3
Rose-breasted Grosbeak  1
Common Grackle  2
American Goldfinch  1

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/VA)You
are subscribed to VA-Richmond-General. To unsubscribe, send email to