[va-richmond-general] Good news, bad news

  • From: "Rick" <rrdjserv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond Birds" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:37:55 -0400

The bad news is that something (raccoon?) got into my Bluebird house Friday
night. It destroyed the nest and ate the 5 eggs.  I was heartbroken!

The good news is that my Eastern Phoebe is now sitting on 5 eggs. I can see her
nest through the slates in my deck. I hope they survive.

Echo Lake park sported a Great Blue Heron, Green Heron and Kingfisher. I did
not get a photo of the Kingfisher and the other photos were marginal.

--Rick Cox