[va-richmond-general] Ginter Botanical Gardens

  • From: Tyler Turpin <tylerturpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richmond listserve <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:11:15 -0400 (EDT)

A total of 9 people participated in the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens  walk
yesterday, April 25, 2009. A total of 30 species were seen/heard.  The
highlights were multiple sigtings of the Green Heron  pair and the first time
in my 5 years of running the trips there , two neotropical migrants were seen.
Many times we have gone all Spring and Summer without seeing a warbler or vireo
on the trips there . This time we had great views of probably 2  pairs of
Orchard Orioles and a Black & White Warbler. Orioles were at the  western shore
 of the lake that  is between the conservatory and the Bloomendal House. They
were in the trees and bushes on the conservatory side. The Warbler was way up
in the trees behind the Volunteer Cottage.

Location:     Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens
Observation date:     4/25/09
Number of species:     29

Canada Goose     X
Mallard     X