[va-richmond-general] Fw: Swans

  • From: Amanda Sanford <ajsanford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 19:39:14 -0700 (PDT)

I've tried to send this a couple times. I think I finally reduced the file
sizes. Hope it goes thru!

After church today, we stopped for a quick moment on Temple Ave in Colonial
Heights to see the new swan family. I think they are Mute Swans? If someone
could verify. :-) The mom was cleaning her babies and sprucing up the nest and
the father swam right up to the edge and watched us very carefully to make sure
we didn't come any closer. We counted 8 babies. She sent them off when it
looked like we didn't leave quickly enough for their comfort. My husband took
the pictures.
Amanda