[va-richmond-general] Re: Fw: Migration question

  • From: Kim Harrell <flyingfish1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:12:47 -0400

When I was a bird-obsessed kid in the west end of Richmond (in the 60s), I used to see this phenomena every afternoon, and called it the "five o'clock traffic". I haven't seen it since, but I would think these would be starlings, too. Do grackles do this, anyone?

During about the same time period, I also built an eagle's nest in a peach tree in the back yard and waited hopefully for some eagles to show up, so that shows what I know!

Kim Harrell

On Monday, August 8, 2005, at 08:59 PM, Al Warfield wrote:

Robin,

 The only thing I can think of is starlings. They do that, and look the right size and color.

Al Warfield