[va-richmond-general] Dragon Run 9 April 2006

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 01:34:41 +0000

Paddling the"Dragon" with Teta Kain  is something that has been on my wish list
for a long time. Today that wish was realized. A group of us paddled Dragon Run
for 3 blissful  hours of Cypress Trees, Feather Foil, Resurrection Fern and the
chorus of spring arrivals. We navigated the river with the help of 2 Knights in
Shining Armor who skillfully guided us over many substantial beaver dams while
keeping us all afloat and dry.

The weather was perfect with cloudless blue skies and warm sunshine glistening
on the river grasses as we travelled this pristine treasure. A Bald Eagle stood
watch next to her nest and many Wood Ducks could be heard calling in the forest.

Teta Kain is amazing and the "Dragon" is still on my list to travel again and
again.

A few bird highlights:

Bald Eagle
Red-shouldered Hawk