[va-richmond-general] Date of RAS January meeting

  • From: "Al Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audubon listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 10:23:39 -0500

To those who plan on attending the RAS meeting in January:  the listing of
January 20th in the Jan/Feb Thrasher was in error. The correct date is January
17th, the first Thursday of January as always. Sorry for the error: we are
doing what we can to notify people via listserv, website and the RAS phone
number. Hopefully people will read the various notices that say the meetings
are always the 3rd Thursday.  Maybe it should have said: Never on Sunday!

The notice is repeated below with the corrected date:

Program for January 17: Sallie Sebrell, who has been on the board of the
Virginia Conservation Network for the past twenty years, and Catherine Gilliam,
the Virginia Program Manager for the National Parks Conservation Association,
will join us for our January meeting to discuss some of the important
legislation coming before the General Assembly when it convenes this month.

One of the major issues is the stripping of public participation from the
environmental boards, and putting all power in the hands of the head of DEQ.
Sallie has been leading the fight on this issue. "No pollution without
representation" is her rallying cry. Unbelievably this legislation passed last
year, but must be re-enacted this year to take effect.

Come and hear about what you can do to fight this legislation, and about some
good legislation that we want to fight for! This is your opportunity to make a
difference! We will be writing letters at the meeting. We will provide
materials on the issues, paper, pens, and stamps. Help us in this important
fight. Contact in the form of a thoughtful letter from a constituent still can
help push a legislator in the right direction.

Al Warfield
Thrasher editor