[va-richmond-general] Caspian Tern

I birded Henricus park in Chesterfield Co. for a few hours this morning before
it started raining.  My best bird was at the power plant fly-ash pond (where
Larry Lynch had the Glaucous Gull last week).  There were no gulls, but there
was a lone Caspian Tern roosting.  It's a bit early for them.   Only other
species of note were a flock of several hundred Tree Swallows over the marsh,
which were joined by about a dozen Purple Martins, 4 or 5 Barn Swallows, and a
Rough-winged Swallow.
Paul Bedell
Richmond

http://www.freelists.org/list/va-richmond-general.