[va-richmond-general] Re: COOPER'S HAWK, Powhatan County 12/13/09

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wealding@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:01:55 -0500

We likely had a Cooper's Hawk in our yard this afternoon, too! We never saw it, but the chickadee sat frozen in an awkward pose on the feeder for quite some time, I think the Cooper's was somewhere in the trees!

Caroline Coe
Chesterfield County

On Dec 13, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Wendy Ealding wrote:

While I was counting birds at my feeder for Project FeederWatch, an adult COOPER'S HAWK barreled in and took a Mourning Dove, briefly held it on the rocks and then took off with it.

Wendy Ealding
Powhatan County