[va-richmond-general] Re: Bluebirds Fledge!

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Richmond Birds'" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:18:50 -0400

And our chickadees hatched! These tiny chicks are hard to see, but when I
checked (chicked?) the nest this morning, there they were. This came about
two days early, in my estimation. The eggs were laid between April 11 and
15, 2009.

From what I learned on the Web, in two weeks the fledglings will leave the
nest, and our chickadee counts will soar - up to 3 - 5 a day for a while.

Yesterday was the first day since last Sunday that a new bird species did
not visit our area.

Jim Blowers