[va-richmond-general] Bioblitz at Petersburg National Battlefield Mar 13th 9AM to 2PM

  • From: Diane Jadlowski <djadski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: *RAS general list <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 12:32:25 -0500

To all of our great birders, what fun this would be!

Bioblitz on Saturday, May 13th from 9am to 2pm, at the Eastern Front of *Petersburg National Battlefield*. Theyare looking for taxa experts to lead walks through the park during the Bioblitz. They would love to have experts in the field guiding the students and community members to identify and document the various species that make up our ecosystems here. They are interested in using the online identification and documentation site iNaturalist <http://www.inaturalist.org/>to get a better understanding of our resources, and, with this tool, there will be ample opportunity at the Bioblitz to log all data collected by experts and community members while in the park. Contact Tim Blumenschine at 804-732-0171, x303 <tel:%28804%29%20732-0171> or email Tim_Blumenschine@xxxxxxx <mailto:Tim_Blumenschine@xxxxxxx>.

Thanks

Diane Jadlowski

Publicity Chair

Richmond Audubon Society