[va-richmond-general] Bandy Field, 5/19/2010

  • From: Lewis Barnett <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:12:44 -0400

I took a quick walk through Bandy Field on the way back to the office from a dentist visit. This was at 10:45, for about 30 minutes. I turned up 29 species, highlights were Magnolia Warbler (male) and Black-throated Blue Warbler (female), both in the central woodlot. The mulberry tree in the field was active with Cedar Waxwings and Robins, but nothing more exotic. Full list below.

--
Lewis Barnett -- Dept. of Math&  CS, U. of Richmond, VA 23173
              -- http://www.mathcs.richmond.edu/~lbarnett/

Location:     Bandy Field
Observation date:     5/19/10
Number of species:     29

Chimney Swift     2
Red-bellied Woodpecker     1
Northern Flicker     1
Eastern Wood-Pewee     1
Great Crested Flycatcher     1
Red-eyed Vireo     1
Blue Jay     2
Carolina Chickadee     1
Tufted Titmouse     1
White-breasted Nuthatch     1
Carolina Wren     1
House Wren     2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher     2
Eastern Bluebird     1
American Robin     8
Gray Catbird     1
Northern Mockingbird     1
European Starling     4
Cedar Waxwing     5
Magnolia Warbler     1
Black-throated Blue Warbler     1
Pine Warbler     1
Common Yellowthroat     1     Heard only
Northern Cardinal     4
Common Grackle     4
Brown-headed Cowbird     1
House Finch     4