[va-bird] Request for information on recent Hampton Roads sightings

  • From: Dave Hewitt <dhewitt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:09:36 -0500

VA-Birders,
I am just recently back from holiday vacation and plan to 'chase' some local sightings over the next couple mornings. I would greatly appreciate any detailed information/updates on these sightings or other good ones in the Hampton Roads area, especially Virginia Beach.

Eurasian Wigeon, Ridgeway Park, Hampton (thanks to Ben Copeland)
Little and Black-headed Gull, Fort Story
Clark's Grebe, Lynnhaven Fishing Pier
Snow Buntings, First Landing State Park near Visitor's Center

So that I have a bird observation to report, I will pass along a sighting of some BRANT visiting the shoreline of the York River near VIMS in Gloucester Point recently. I did not see the birds, and after checking, realized I have actually never seen one.

Dave Hewitt
Gloucester, VA
dhewitt@xxxxxxxx