[va-bird] Mason Neck SP bird walk 11/25

  • From: "Jodi Bucknam" <jodibucknam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:08:04 -0500

Birders,

A nasty cold knocked me flat Sunday through Wednesday, so apologies for the late post. I have the species list for last Saturday's bird walk (see below), but honestly can't remember details through the last few days of grogginess. I do know we saw no white pelicans, though! Ah, well... I don't see much of note in last week's trip list--mostly our usual suspects-- but hopefully today's winds will blow in some good birds for us to see tomorrow.

Please join us tomorrow for the weekly bird walk here at Mason Neck State Park. We meet at the Visitor Center for a 9am start, usually scoping Belmont Bay for waterfowl before hiking the Bay View Trail. Parking is $4/car, and the program itself is free. All are welcome and no reservations are necessary. You may address any questions to me at the phone and email listed below.

Canada Goose
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Ruddy Duck
Bald Eagle

Mourning Dove
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Blue Jay
American Crow

Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Hermit Thrush (skulking around beneath the Visitor Center bird feeders)

American Robin
Northern Cardinal
White-throated Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco