[va-bird] Mason Neck SP 6/17-- Gr. Heron, GC Flycatcher, WE Vireo

  • From: "Jodi Bucknam" <jodibucknam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:41:26 -0400

Birders,

Apologies for the delay in posting. Four birders joined me last Saturday for the bimonthly bird walk at Mason Neck State Park. Most of the migrants are gone, although we did hear a late HOODED WARBLER singing. Other highlights included the GREEN HERON flying over the marsh, a welcome respite from the multitudes of Great Blues around here, and two or three WHITE-EYED VIREOS singing at the edge of the marsh. A full list follows. Birds seen or heard outside the official walk time are *'d.

The next guided bird walk at MNSP will be Saturday, July 1 from 9am to 11am. We meet at the Visitor Center and then bird the Bay View Trail. The walk is free and requires no reservations. Parking is $4/car, however. Any questions may be directed to me at the address below.

Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Canada Goose

Osprey