[v-webmail] Compose: inserting "From" addresses

  • From: <oliver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:33:25 +0100

Hello all, I am just wondering how to hack into v-webmail to achive the
following:

1. To disable the v-webmail "create identities" feature - as used to create
"from" addresses.
[ I have now done this by hacking local.preferences.php ]

2. On the "Compose" page, to insert a drop-down box with a choice of
user-specific email addresses that I will pull out of an existing mysql
table.

3. To have the chosen "from" email address used by v-webmail to send the
email.

Sorry to have to ask for advice but having spent most of the day trying to
understand how the code works, I am still somewhat puzled by it all.

V grateful for any help.

Oliver Tickell.