<USS Meridian> <Untitled>

  • From: kylemills@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:40:45 -0500

The cabin of the Shuttlecraft Regale vibrated humbly as it cruised through
space at Warp 3. "Only one hour and 20 minutes left, doctor." The craft
operator, Lieutenant Harvey Maynard stated as he glanced at the controls, which
were set on auto-pilot, from his chair across from the doctor.

The craft shook rather violently. "I guess they can't get decent transportation
for low-ranking scum like us can they, Lieutenant." The doctor chuckled as he
grasped his chair to prevent falling out of his seat.

"I suppose not." The Lieutenant replied as he walked to the food synthesizer.
As he was preparing to order his beverage, the speakers erupted in a sequence
of loud static and crashes. Harvey quickly ran to a console to lower the sound.

Doctor Mills stood up and dashed to where Lieutenant Maynard was standing.
"What is that?!" He bellowed, trying to be heard over the chaos.

Harvey punched at the controls for a moment. "It is Starbase 67. They appear to
be under attack by." He stopped mid-sentence.

"Well?! Who are they being attacked by?!" Demanded the Doctor.

The pilot darted to the controls at the front of the craft and starting
punching the panel. Doctor Mills scrambled behind and managed to get into the
seat beside of him as the shuttlecraft shook chaotically. The doctor did not
have to have Lieutenant Maynard answer his question, for as he glanced at the
sensor readings, the image of a Borg sphere grew closer and closer.

Suddenly the shuttlecraft jerked to the right and both Lieutenant Maynard and
Doctor Mills were almost thrown from their seats. "What are you doing?"
Exclaimed the doctor.

"We don't have anything more than a low-yield phaser. We stand no chance
against that Borg sphere." Harvey answered, still working the controls. "But
there is one thing we have that they don't."

"And what is that?!" Mills interrupted.

Harvey looked angrily toward the doctor but continue. "We have a lot better
maneuverability than they do." The craft took another sharp turn, this time to
the left. "I am going to attempt to take us into this nebula..." The nebula
appeared on all the consoles as Harvey set course and increased their speed.

Lieutenant Maynard leaped from his chair and ran to the back of the craft.
"Send a general distress signal. Inform any ships of our position and tell them
we are under attack by." Before he could finish, the conduit located directly
in front of Harvey exploded, sending him flying across the cabin.

After checking to make sure the auto-pilot was set, Doctor Mills tapped a
button, initiating the distress beacon and began to talk while grabbing a med
kit. "This is Doctor Mills aboard the Starfleet Shuttlecraft Regale. We are
being pursued by a Borg sphere. The pilot is down. Our current location and the
coordinance of our destination are being transmitted." He looked over his
shoulder. "The Borg will intercept us in 8 minutes." He slapped the beacon off
and ran for Lieutenant Maynard.