<USS Meridian> The Sutherland ? Part 2 ? Onward to the Empire

  • From: Frankie Wilkinson <ltfwilkinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 19:50:45 -0800 (PST)

  The Sutherland ? Part 2 ? Onward to the Empire
From the Perspective of Fleet Captain Marc Offenburger, Ambassador Dawson Praz
and Chancellor Martok

The Sutherland flew onward towards the Klingon Empire. They had called ahead to
Ambassador Worf that they were coming. And Worf had set up the appointment with
the Chancellor, Martok.

They crossed the neutral zone, and were joined on the way to Qo'nos by a
warbird, the entire time, Lieutenant Masterson advised Marc that the Klingons
were running continual scans of the ship.

Marc nodded knowingly that they would be scanning for any signs of Borg.

As they neared Qo'nos, the ships slowed.  Entering orbit, they awaited the
signal to beam down directly to the meeting with Martok.  Finally, after what
seemed like hours, when in fact it was only mere moments, the call had come.

Together, Marc and Dawson made their way to the transporter room to beam down.
The beam left them at the entrance to the Great Hall, the Klingon at the door
nodded to them and opened it.

Walking into the Great Hall they made their way to the front and stood in front
of Martok, "Chancellor, we come on a mission to ask for the assistance of the
Empire to join us once again in a great battle."

Sitting on the throne, dressed in full regalia Martok watched as the two
Earther's walked into the Great Hall. It was not often that humans were welcome
into the Great Hall. Crossing his chest with his arm he yelled, "Qapla.
Ambassador Praz and Fleet Captain Offenburger. You have come to ask for the
help of the Klingon Empire in a great battle? And just who is this supposed
battle going to be against? I am not willing to send my warrior's into battle
without good reason."

Leaning forward he reached for a goblet of blood wine and took a long pull of
it. He wiped his mouth with his arm and waited for a reply.

"The Borg," replied Praz.  He let the word hang in the air.

Marc continued, "Some 2000 Plus Borg vessels have engaged the Federation. We
are looking for assistance from our neighbors at this junction, because once
the Federation is assimilated, our neighbors would surely be next, both friends
like the Klingons and foes."

The number of ships still staggered Praz when he heard it.

  Martok was not one to show signs of fear but just hearing the word "Borg,"
sent shivers down his spine. The Borg didn't believe in leaving survivors. They
were the worst of enemies. He would not allow the Empire to be assimilated yet
at the same time he wasn't sure if he trusted these Starfleet officer's.

  "What proof have you that the Borg have indeed engaged your Starfleet ships?
How do I know that this is not a trick to get the Empire involved and out of
Starfleet's way?" He wanted proof before he would commit his ships to such a
battle.

  Ambassador Praz looked at him almost in disbelief, "Surely, Chancellor, your
Intel reports know that is the reason we have come.  The change in ship
deployments in the Federation to fight the threat on almost any front.  Even
the warbird that escorted us here was running scans on the Sutherland,
presumably to make sure we were not carrying any Borg."

  "Indeed, Chancellor, we would not have come all this way to plan a trap.
But, if you need proof, I have the messages and logs from Starbase 67."  He
played the message that he heard only hours before.

  "This is Admiral Halsey of Starbase 67, the Borg are invading!  Total amount
of ships counted at..."  There was a pause, "Two thousand three hundred and
seventy-five... May whatever powers that be protect us... Good luck..."

  Looking back to the Chancellor, Praz continued "Almost as soon as this
message was relayed, the fleet that met them went silent as did Starbase 67.
All points between Starbase 67 and Earth specifically have been alerted, whole
planets are evacuating.  Soon I expect the borders to be overrun with refugees,
those that were lucky enough to escape, and we are here to ask for your support
and help in this our hour of need."

  Listening intently Martok was shocked at the tapes. It was true he had been
monitoring ship movements within Starfleet, but he was not about to admit that
to the Ambassador. He looked at Ambassador Praz and Fleet Captain Offenburger
and hesitated before speaking.

  "Indeed, it would seem that the Borg are on the move. If they break through
Federation lines it would only be a matter of days or even hours before they
set their sights on the Empire. It is only because of this that I will help
you. Exactly how many ships do you require?"

  He couldn't send the entire fleet as some would be needed to protect Qo'nos.
In Kahless name he hoped they would survive and he was doing the right thing.

  After final negotiations, the Sutherland was on a return trip to the
Federation, and they weren't alone.  They had twenty ships from the Klingon's
Gryphon Fleet.  The Chancellor had placed other ships between the border and
Qo'nos, just in case.  He just hoped that they would all make it out alive.

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!